I recently did a review on another headlamp from Sportstek, which I believe is in a different class when it comes to headlamps. If you’re looking for something a little more heavy duty, with a bit more range and focus on your main LED beam, then you might take a look at the Sportstek Headlamp as well…just to compare.
Let’s take a closer look at the Companion Light S. My first impression of this headlamp, after receiving the headlamp from Sportstek was, “Wow, this is light!” And it is. It’s built that way and takes AAA batteries instead of the much larger and heavier AA. With that said, it feels like you’re wearing less on your head, which I like. Lighter is sometimes better!
Just a few features on the Companion Light S headlamp:
- It has a main LED light as well as red lights positions on either side of the main LED, each having multiple settings (flashing/constant/high/low). Depending on the setting, you’ll have up to 16 hours of steady LED light.
- Each light, red and white, has it’s own button for easy operation.
- The lamp is adjustable for changing the beam angle, of course.
- The straps are very easy to use and can fit small and large heads alike.
- Comes with a smaller red light which can be fastened to a bike handle, or in my case, a PowerWheels steering wheel.
After reviewing this headlamp for quite some time, including extensive use from my son, it’s a great headlamp. If you’re looking for a gift for your Dad this next Father’s Day, a birthday gift for your brother or friend, or just needing some hands free light, the Companion Light S Headlamp will do the trick.
If you’d like to check it out on Amazon, use the link above.